Blue Lake Logging Company 1927-1938
Created 1/25/06
Back To Washington County
AKA Standard Logging Company 1939-1944
This railroad began operations 1927 and lasted until 1938. This operation was one of the four that operated lines
out of Cochran.
Shown here is the end of the current Port of Tillamook Bay spur that used to be the beginning of the
Blue Lake Logging Company railroad.
This is the only trestle piling still up on the Blue Lake line. It lies in the first draw that the grade crosses
after rounding the ridgeline, leaving Cochran. (11/26/99)
Sources:
"Logging Railroads Of The West" by Kramer Adams
"Lumber Ghosts" by Kenneth Erickson
"The Southern Pacific In Oregon" by Ed Austin & Tom Dill